Monday, April 09, 2007

This too shall pass.

Here is a list of things I would like to be doing today:
  • Reading Anne of Green Gables and all of the sequels.
  • Watching Anne of Green Gables in all its hodgepodged glory.
  • Watching maybe all of Buffy on DVD.
  • Walking or perhaps jogging in the woods or by water, except that it is cold outside.
  • Making collages or sewing things.
Here is a list of things I should and probably will be doing instead:
  • Finishing my taxes.
  • Working on my thesis.
  • Calling about apartments.
  • Tracking down body parts for my frankencar.
  • Shop-vac-ing glass out of the alley.
Here is what I will definitely be doing regardless of all of the above:
  • Eating this Lindt bar.
My car has some new windows. "How do they look?" asked my dad. "Better than the rest of the car," I replied, which is true. They are so clean and sparkling that the rest of the car looks shabby and busted. The good news: it looked shabby and busted before.

8 comments:

  1. Eeesh, that is quite a contrast between what is and what could be. I haven't even begun taxes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that was some DAMN delicious chocolate, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take that Lindt bar off your hands if you'll do my taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all over the Anne of Green Gables marathon. She was (and remains) my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taxes, nooooooooooooooooooo. I haven't started yet either. :( It is going to be a sad, sad day for my pocketbook, stupid 1099s.

    As a fan of the Buffy, have you read Stephanie Meyer's Twilight? It's YA, but it is delightful in a Buffy season 1/2 way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne of Green Gables (the Series) is my go-to heartbreak cure every time. I hope you don't need it for that reason but I also hope you + a quilt + Gilbert Blythe meet in the very near future...
    Kayemess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twink, I probably shouldn't write this here, but I am right now walking the fence about whether to report alllllll those things that didn't get 1099ed. Or how many of them to report, anyway.

    Have not read Twilight, but you know, I am a fan of the YA too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey maven: it's a fully-wired leah (that no internet thing lasted a moment). i just wanted to say that i owe you a million pounds of lindt chocolate for all the pleasure your blog has brought me over a few years and if you ever need to cash that in, email me: firstnamedrilias@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete