Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Today is her birthday, they are smoking cigars.

I'm 33 today and all set to have a really good birthday. Yesterday I got a rad haircut. Then we had cake at Mol's and my nephews showed off their new hip-hop skills (they are taking classes). Em and I then did what we call "butt dances," which Henry and Jude loved and BIL and the Brit found difficult to watch. Today I woke up and giggled with the Brit for about a half hour before getting out of bed. He does this thing where he pinches the apples of my cheeks and talks about wanting to eat them, which sounds weird but is actually a cherished morning ritual. I just finished my breakfast of faux sausage and hashbrowns and yellow tomatoes, and I am lingering over my coffee with the help of some cake left over from last night's celebration. My sister Em turned 25 yesterday, so there were actually two (homemade) cakes: a lemon poppyseed thing drenched in citrus glaze with gobs of cream cheese frosting, and a very adult chocolate sponge with mousse and ganache layers. I have a slice of each right in front of me. In a little while I am going to go for a walk around the lake with my camera, and then I'm going to do some, y'know, work. It is a Wednesday, after all.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy birthday! It sounds like you've had a great one so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!
    Those cakes sound too yummy. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy citrus drenched birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charmed to death over the morning ritual with your lovah. And that is a gooooood haircut. H.B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, one day late! The entry title made me smile so much--it is a birthday ritual I have with my sister, that on her birthday I play those very two lines over the phone at midnight. On my birthday, she plays the Beatles' "Birthday." We've been doing this for almost 15 years. Anyway, I'm glad you had a nice day, and hey, you are Jesus on the Cross age. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, shamefully late. They say 33 is a great year! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete