Wednesday, November 21, 2007

These boots, and what they're made for.

I am having boot issues. What I really want to do is drop like $200 on a single pair of boots that is going to last for a decade. They have to be tough, good-looking, well-made, winterproof, and most of all they have to fit my gotdamn legs. I do not want "hot" boots, though super-flat isn't really my thing either. It's all probably a pipe dream and I'll have to have something custom made eventually, so in the meantime I am coveting the following:


Merrell


Caterpillar

And, oddly

Tsubo

Here's the thing about wide-calf boot sites. I have been all over them, and the boots look like shit, for the most part. It's possible that some of the boots at duoboots are high-quality, but generally everything just looks shiny and crap and like it'll fall apart in a year. And at $250+ a pop, there's just no way I'm taking a chance on them.

I wish I'd ordered these before Harley-Davidson discontinued them:


They're for kicking your ass.

6 comments:

  1. Yowza. Those Merrell boots are HOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I feel your pain as a fellow big-calfed girl (too many years of ballet!). I fear tall boots will always be a pipe dream for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all good, especially 1 and 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were some promising boots at the Unique Thrift on Stinson Blvd...but too small.

    Have you checked out www.sierratradingpost.com for shoes?

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendell, I'm on that site at least once a week hoping they have some dream shoes in stock. I bought one of my pairs of danskos there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendell, I'm on that site at least once a week hoping they have some dream shoes in stock. I bought one of my pairs of danskos there.

    ReplyDelete