Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Whither, and also wherefore?

40 degrees, where did you go? You showed up long enough to melt the snow in the streets, send sheets of ice careening off of rooftops, and start up some rain. Then you hightailed it out of here and the sidewalk froze and I'm shuffling out to my car, hoping I don't take a digger before I can get some salt on the front walk. Come back, baby. It was better when you were here.

Morning off, where did you go? I jogged you around the track, through the weight room, and up and down the aisles of the grocery store. Your sweet love inspired me to reorganize the plastic bag drawer. It used to be packed to overflowing with bags. Now it's got two old yogurt tubs stuffed with 1) target bags and 2) vegetable bags. Because you helped me get this done, I ain't mad at you. However, I would appreciate having one more hour to drink some more tea before I have to go teach people how to sing. It's so cold out there, morning baby, and I still haven't showered. Also, thank you for leading me to these:

Textile designs by E.A. Seguy.

Design by Gaston Charlet.

Textile designs by E.A. Seguy.

Textile designs by E.A. Seguy.

Textile design by Henri Gillet.

From the NYPL Digital Gallery, with "textile design" as the search.

5 comments:

  1. I'm in love with all this modern color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. michelle/weaker vessel1/29/08, 8:53 PM

    oh dear GOD! Morning off, your frew-its are SLAYING me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, pretty designs! I would like to own t-shirts and skirts featuring those patterns.

    The morning grocery store run is priceless; especially when it's so cold and you don't want to go out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, what is this "organizing the plastic bag drawer" of which you speak?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda, we had an entire drawer just jammed with plastic bags of every description. We keep plastic grocery/target bags as garbage can liners (small garbage can), and veg bags to reuse for leftovers or at the grocery store. I managed to bundle all of these into big yogurt tubs. I cannot tell you how much this pleases me.

    ReplyDelete