Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Page 123.

Ye olde 123 meme is rearing its cyclical head on the internets again, and Ed has done tagged me.

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

Sadly, what is next to me is the March/April Journal of Singing, the official journal of the Natl Assoc of Teachers of Singing, of which I am a (lax, non-participating) member. A good chunk of my yearly dues pays for this publication, and I can't say that I've ever really read it. Maybe someday, though. That's why it's sitting next to me here at work, in case I go take a break somewhere and need reading material. Anyway, here's what it says--this part is a review of a new piece of published music, apparently a duet setting of soap opera updates (which is a pretty funny idea):
The vocal lines are syllabically set in whatever melodic form is appropriate to the text, complete with matter of fact passages and dramatic leaps of emotional outburst. In short, these songs would be fun to sing--and who could resist camping them up? Moreover, audiences would be highly amused, especially musicians who appreciate the dramatic forms of music that often accompany melodrama.
I tag whichever 5 of you haven't done this yet and are having slow blogging weeks. I am definitely having one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment