- I have been shopping there since I was an actual child.
- I lived in the neighborhood for 3 or 4 years, and did about half my shopping there during that time.
- Prior to that, I lived just a few neighborhoods over, for 4 years, and did a quarter of my shopping there.
- I am a fan of the co-op model.
- Their share price is one third that of other area co-ops.
Along the same lines, some friends and I have been trying to sort out which CSA we're going to join for the growing season and how we're going to divvy up the food. I'm pretty excited about this move. I'll pay about $250 up front to split a share of local produce for 18 weeks or so, starting in June. That ends up being about $14 a week for 4-13 pounds of produce, depending on the season. Sweet sweet! And then, as Anna said, we will have Ladies' Nights where we have to use the vegetables we have no idea what to do with. I think she was talking about potluck dishes, but it sounded filthy.
These items, along with the green smoothie experiment (basically, I've started drinking my greens every day), are helping me along on my little food journey. What WHAT!