Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Your cheatin' heart.

Has anyone else been sleeping like shit lately? Dom theorized that it's the weather, which has been all over the place. It's impossible to get comfortable at night. So last week I didn't really sleep and then over the weekend, ta-daaa, I got sick, and was FORCED to sleep, A LOT, because I felt like a bag of smashed ass and my eyes wouldn't stay open. The weather cooperated by being crappy yesterday, so it did not seem amiss to spend the day on the couch under a blanket and a fat dandruffy cat. I had to miss trivia. We've now lost two weeks in a row to a bunch of CHEATERS who use the INTERNET on their PHONES to get ANSWERS. How can you possibly feel good about your breadth of knowledge, cheaters? Without your internets you would fail, cheaters. And if it were a straight-up googling contest we would house your asses nonetheless, cheaters.

Anyway, I've slept a lot, I have today off to finish up my personal journey toward health, and it's sunny outside! So I can't really stay mad at the cheaters. I do, however, have an extensive collection of snotty kleenexes I'd be happy to deposit in their beer pitcher next week, even if that means I have to save the snotrags until then.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh. I have also been sleeping poorly but never thought about the weather -- duh! This happens to me every year at this time. Hope you get well soon! (And please DO save the snotrags for the cheating cheaters who cheat!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night was my WORST night of sleep ever - this after at least 3 weeks of bad sleep. The only time I really slept was between 7:30 and 9 this morning. Damn. I only hope it is our angst at the late spring that is disturbing our sleeps. Grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I have been waking up in the middle of the night so something is definately up. like the barometric pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our sleep was messed up last week by the WARM weather, not the cold! We've been keeping the windows open and snuggling under the down comforter. To be fair, I did take a Tylenol PM last night as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendell, that's what I'm sayin: it's up, it's down...if the heat's off, it might still be too warm upstairs, and we can't open the windows because the air traffic starts at like 5 AM. Not having it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loads of shite, haha. Yes, what's to be done about the quiz cheating set? Once a teammate of ours told the quizmaster that he suspected another team of cheating, and he was told to "grow a set."

    I have actually been sleeping for once in my life, so I don't know what's going on. In my case, I think it's because I know my job will be over soon, so there's less fretting going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather has been bananas too! It sleeted (slat/sluteth?) yesterday after a week in the 70s. To combat this foul precip, I made a mix tape. :)

    ReplyDelete