Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First I'm going to give a little shout-out to the weather: Thank you, weather, for perfecting yourself today. The ride to work was decent, but the ride home was glorious. I rode an extra mile and a half winding between and around the lakes, just to soak it up. You should have seen the evening sun glittering through the weeping willow when I rode under the bridge next to the creek. Crazy goodness, I tell you. When I got home the Brit told me I looked euphoric. I think I picked up a tailwind on the way home, too. Or something. Whatever the case, all signs were pointing to Ride Your Bike, Fool.

So I'm going to do it again tomorrow, I think.

I really don't even have anything else to report. It's only 9:30 but I'm going to go get in bed and read Jeeves and Wooster, and then I'll probably wake up nice and early and have hours to dick around before I go to work, which means extra coffee, which means extra jitters!

My favorite scan of the day:
Kodachrome.
That's my grandparents and aunt in 1963.

3 comments:

  1. That photo is adorable - I'm absolutely in love with the look of old pictures and recently bought a reproduction of a 1960's camera so I can indulge my fancy.

    What Jeeves & Wooster are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I think I'm reading the first one, "Carry On, Jeeves." I read another one first, "The Code of the Woosters," which was hilarious for its utilization of abbrevs. "Situation" was "situash," "position" was "posish," and so on. But also he would say things like "I mopped the b." where "b" stands for "brow." The books are kind of silly but I'm a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bike to work two days in a row? you go (by bike) girl! --p

    ReplyDelete