Thursday, May 01, 2008

I've got shoes, you've got shoes.

I keep forgetting to tell y'all about this article in New York Magazine that describes how shoes are ruining our feet, knees, ankles, back, and everything else. I'm talking ALL shoes, too, not just the usual suspects like high heels and pointy boots. It's a long article, but worth reading--even the comments are interesting, since lots of "barefooters" weigh in with their experiences. People who've been barefoot for like twenty years. Did you know it's not actually illegal to go into an establishment without shoes on? Nor is it illegal (or unsafe) to drive without them.

I tell you what, internets, if my reading keeps taking me in these directions I'm going to end up living barefoot on a farm off the grid and eating only raw foods. I'm only partly kidding.

I'm blogging every day this month, by the way. Happy May Day, bitches.

2 comments:

  1. Well, after experiencing searing back and hip pain after having to stand for 4 hours at a concert the other night (and this was in Converse, not heels!), I can certainly buy into this (even though it's not as fun as constantly saying "I'm not as young as I used to be"...I'm easily amused).

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband has been going on about fox walking vs cow walking and it just makes me laugh. i think he's also going to join the realm of the shoeless very soon!

    ReplyDelete