Saturday, May 03, 2008

Photoblogging totally counts.

I subscribed to Jezebel's feed yesterday, which happened to be the day they posted a love note to From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, one of my all-time favorite books. The love note is here and it is worth reading even if Claudia Kincaid was not one of the heroes of your childhood. Well, maybe not. Let's just say that if you loved the book, please go to the review and think "ah yes, you are my people." Plus there's a picture of the cover that I remember, the cover on the copies that I still have (I think I have two).

Also, we went to the zoo today, since I had to sing in the sunken garden this morning (don't ask).
Yee-haw!

The koi were going crazy, so I mostly took pictures of them.
Koi swarm!

And a few flowers.
Orchid.

Just FYI, there has been a reader request for a neti pot review. That is forthcoming. But I just reminded myself that it's time to dose again before I head south 75 miles to hear my friends sing in a concert. Road trip! Road trip!

3 comments:

  1. i looove my neti pot and my sis who has PND swears that helps , - its sort of a "cure" all, right? good for colds, good for sinuses, dry air ,etc etc...i want to use it more while i travel, esp by air...i'm always looking for more homeophatic alternatives, so i look forward to your review too. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED that book, and I'd almost forgotten about it (and that was the cover I remember, too)! Actually, I really liked books that had kids running off and living on their own for awhile in general. After I first read this, I thought it would be the coolest thing EVER to live in a museum, but since we didn't have many of those where I'm from, I thought a department store would be a good substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVED that book - and all the memories came flooding back when I read the book. Also funny for me because I don't think I entered a museum until near-adulthood. As the BFS said, they don't have many museums on the farm. YEAH for YA fiction!!!

    ReplyDelete