Sunday, May 11, 2008

To all the fly mamis.

We spent the day at my grandparents' house today, raking up the yard and cleaning things and eating and celebrating all the mamas. Right now I am way down a rabbit hole because of the photo albums I grabbed with Grandma's (somewhat bewildered) blessing, so that I could scan them. I could stay up all night scanning, too, believe me. But I won't. I'll just tell you that there's a lot of this:
40s trousers.
(That's Grandma on the left; one of her sisters is on the right.)

Grandma and Kathryn roosting on a chicken coop.
Grandma and her sister on a chicken coop.

And my favorite:
My grandma.

Let us not forget my very own mama:
Me and mom in 1975.
The back of the picture says "sad movies always make us cry."

Happy mother's day, y'all.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of your Grandmother! It looks like a shot out of "An American Tragedy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one of your mom too, with the rad hexagon glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me oh my, I DO think you should stay up all night scanning them. Those are absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God, LOVE. Esp. the last one. I want to hang with your mom.

    Oh, and with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously your love of the pantsuit is hereditary!

    ReplyDelete