Friday, May 30, 2008

When your man wanna get buck wild.

Last night I experienced some futuristic karaoke. Have you seen this, where there are a few touch screens instead of a pile of grimy binders? Or if you know what you want to sing already, you just write it down and voila, the dude has it? (Aside: I was going to send you to the dude's website, but it's one of the worst websites I've ever seen.) Well, it's magical. I did "Kiss on My List" by Hall and Oates (with a hat tip to Melinda for the suggestion) and "Hit Em Up Style" by Blu Cantrell and I had "Wuthering Heights" in the queue but it was after midnight and the place was packed with fratty-bo-blattys and we had to go. Also "Wuthering Heights" probably would have been a huge drag for most of the audience, even though I would have been in hysterics the whole time and both of my sisters promised to do interpretive dance.

Also, my brother in law sang "Take On Me," which was awesome. And my boyfriend did a sweet Mick Jagger impersonation, with stomping and everything. And I have jillions of bad phone videos of the event. We'll see whether any are fit for mass consumption. My guess is no.

In other news, I have just achieved positive net worth, which I'm pretty excited about.

3 comments:

  1. 2 things:

    1. Can we go karaoke when I come back? I think I'll be back sometime in late June or July- very soon!

    2. Now that you've got your personal worth all figured out, please work on mine. Thanks in advance,

    The Management

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. BUT OF COURSE.
    2. I'll see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Congratulations on the net worth raisen-age.

    2. Where is this futuristic place, if you don't mind me asking? Keelhauler and I are going to be in Mpls late June, and this might be good info to have.

    ReplyDelete