Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yes you do care what I had for lunch.

I want to give some love to Solomon Snacks and Bakery, even though they don't have a website, even though I haven't been to their storefront, because their whole wheat bread is OFF THE HEEZIE. I've been sitting here eating it lightly toasted with one of my all time favorite things, mashed avocado with salt and pepper. When you have a good avocado (check) and good bread (check check) this is one of the world's great snacks.

I am also jazzed about this salad I just made up, a carrot-apple-beet slaw with chickpeas, which recipe I will blog about later. It is delicious and it looks even better than it tastes, I think, thanks to the gorgeous beets.

And and and, I'm about to make a shake to take with me for this afternoon/evening's teaching stint, and that shake has me jumping too: soymilk, frozen bananas, cocoa powder, peanut butter. PLACATAN!

Best of all: the weather is perfect and I'm riding to my teaching locale along one of the best bike trails in the cities. Sweaty ass be damned!

There's one thing I'm not psyched about, though, and that's my first experiment with turmeric dye. I was trying to dye this dress and it turned out to have invisible pit stains that SUCKED UP all the orangey color, far more than the rest of the dress. I still want to salvage it, but I'm not sure how. It looks like crap. And it also turned out kind of sports-team gold. Alas. Not everything can be rosy.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm! I just made a yummy slaw too -
    cabbage, green onion, cilantro, and edamame. I dressed it in a combo of olive oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, and soy sauce. *drool*

    As for the dress, worst case scenario, chop off the top and just wear the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer surprise application of "Placatan"! Also, I think Mad Organica and I are cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude srsly. You got the PR connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are cousins. Don't front, because the first thing that came to my mind too was: Did she just say PLACATAN? Awesome.

    Hey, what if you died the top part of that dress with beet juice? Like a dark to light tone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or perhaps dye the whole dress black? Would that address the sports team situation?

    ReplyDelete