Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Come blow your horn.

I've got a photo in the Schmap Guide to England. Schmap is a "beyond the map" publisher of digital travel guides. They seem very cool and useful (uh, unless you want to go to Africa, Asia, or South America, or like any of the former Soviet republics, or vast regions of Canada).

I am also in the current issue of N.E.E.T. Magazine, an online fashion mag, in a little article about green fashion.

Both of these things happened because of editors cruising around on flickr looking for raw materials for their publications, and there I was. The internet is cool.

Also, we won trivia on Monday, no thanks to the round where you had to rank 10 minerals in order of their hardness on the Moh's scale. Sadly my one geology class 15 years ago only helped me out with talc (softest) and diamond (hardest).

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I like your NEET piece. That's cool. Also, are my eyes playing tricks or does it say Minneapolis, MA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it totally says MA. What can I say, the editor is English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are what you say you are, a superstar...

    Rock on, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I later thought that people from Minnesota, Michigan, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana and Maryland must deal with that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, props to the British map people, but I've never had that problem and I live in MA (that's Massachusetts). I am SO impressed with your trivia prowess. Last time I did it, my team came in last. We always get screwed by the sports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of you in N.E.E.T is adorbs. I bet the article will drum up some business too.

    ReplyDelete