Friday, June 27, 2008

Full-on summer.

Here's what my life has looked like lately:
Patio patio, beer, beer, patio beer, bike, beer, patio, bike bike, patio bike beer, (work), mosquito bites, beer bike patio bike, jazz/funk.

I'm not complaining at all, mind you, but I am a little bloated and and have a lot of itchy red welts around my ankles. I am very tasty to mosquitoes, siiiiigh.

So about the jazz/funk. I signed up for my sister's jazz/funk class again last week. "Jazz/funk" is a genre which apparently exists only in MN, and it pretty much just means shaking it to a funky beat. Have you seen the episode of The Simpsons where Lisa tries to tap dance and her teacher's only instructions are "tappa tappa tappa"? Jazz/funk is not at all like that, but for the movements that don't really have a name, my sister is calling them "sexy sexy sexy." It's the jazz/funk version of "tappa tappa tappa!" It's kicking my butt a little bit, but in a very good, fun, I'm-not-very-good-at-this-whee! kind of way. Once the session is over, I'll probably sign up for some other thing I don't really know how to do. We ditched our gym membership recently--what with all the biking and running and lovely weather, it was starting to get really ridiculous even to contemplate driving somewhere to go indoors and lift weights.

Last weekend, young Jude went to the emergency room with his little wangskin caught in the zipper of his pants. If this should ever befall you or your loved ones, know that you can cut the bottom off the zipper and simply pull the two sides apart (from the bottom). He is fine.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Jude's latest rite of passage. I know a whole lot of adult males who have a similar story.

    I'm loving your Google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marigoldie, yay! I was not at all sure I'd set that thing up correctly, so I'm glad you're lookin at it. I figured it was a better idea than constantly doing little linky posts that no one clicks through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with you on the whole beer and patio deal! haha. That's what my summer evenings are filled with.

    ReplyDelete