Saturday, June 07, 2008

WHAT.

Aftermath.
What you maybe didn't know is that running a 5K was something I had put on my list of things to do before I kick it, and now I get to cross it off. It feels damn good to cross something off that particular list.

My goal was simply to finish in under 35 minutes with minimal walk breaks--I run at a very conversational pace and don't care about speed because I am not built or wired to be fast--and my time was 32:40, which includes two minutes of walking. So holla.

I have to admit that there may have been a little bit of teary-eyedness afterwards. I have gotten a lot of applause in my life, but never ever for crossing a finish line.
Aftermath.
ETA: I forgot to tell you that I saw another great blue heron over my head before the first mile marker. I said thank you.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's on my list too.

    That first picture is bad ass. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I got a tear in my eye too!

    Congrats, and you look radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!! Look at you with your hot little "Runners" label. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you could do it,
    You put your back into it.

    Don't stop, get it, get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO proud. And inspired. Are you running in Adidas?

    You know, Dad used to come to my races sometimes and NOT wait at the finish line like all the other parents. Instead, he would hide in the woods somewhere in the middle of the course (which is the toughest place to keep motivated) and then pop out of nowhere and clap slowly, cheering for me only. Sometimes he would be smoking his pipe. I hope to one day do that for you, minus the smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks y'all. Yes, those are My Adidas. I am now going to take myself to get fitted properly for shooz. And Em, I am still laughing out loud about Dad hiding in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo! I'm so proud! I'm right behind you.

    ReplyDelete