Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Feast of July.

I have big plans for July, internets. Not in the lifestyle choices sense, or even in the self-improvement sense, but strictly in the blogging sense. And even then "big plans" might be sort of misleading, since really all I'm trying to do is blog daily again. You may have noticed that my first post in July was not at all thrilling and informative, except that it WAS because I did exactly what the post said and I meant it when I asked where the rest of youse are at.

Yesterday actually marked the very first time I have met one of my blogfriends in person, which I find hard to believe given that I cherish very real affection for so many of the peeps whose words I've been reading for the last 3 or 4 years. I am in more constant contact with you all than with many, if not most, of my "real-world" friends. Like, I can right this moment think of a handful of people I haven't talked to for 6 months or more and I literally have no idea what they're doing. I know that one of them is getting married and another one just bought a house (which I found out about from the "help us move!!" evite) and one apparently broke up with her Beyoncé (that's fiancé to you who are not in the know). Oh also one just had a baby in Amsterdam and I bet some of the rest of them are pregnant. That's what happens in real life but IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN ON THE INNERTUBES. This is one of the things I like about you people: you tend to dish the goods in real time, so I pretty much always know what's up with you.

Anyway, in case you didn't already know this, meeting your blogfriends in real life is good times. Especially if it's summer and you have the day off and there's a patio involved and no one is opposed to like a 4 hour lunch. It might also be good if there is some rosé involved, but you will have to ask Violet about that.

6 comments:

  1. In my blogfriend daydreams, you, me, Marigoldie, and Madness meet up in a TBD city, get a hotel room, and stay up all night drinking while Madness bakes (there's an oven in this hotel, yo) and you and Marigoldie play DJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh WORRRRD. WARD. WIRD. And what are you going to do, Melinda? Write us hilarious blog posts from the executive desk? OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit, I have the same vision. My dream is more elaborate: We invent a yearly meet up and we call it The Society of M's, and for the first three years we meet at each others respective hometowns. And then years after we meet in other fun towns like San Francisco or New York and the like. I'm down if you guys are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to know I'm not the only person who invented a convention so that we could hang out. I would totally make this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! It was fantastic to meet you at the hippie cafe of excellence. I will admit to crossing Rose' off my list, NO MATTER HOW FASHIONABLE IT MAY BE, along with that peppermint schnapps I OD'd on when I was 19. DAMN, I overestimated my capacity for a) the heat and b) rose', bolstered only by a one-half salad. Yeah. Anyway. We had fun, and I hope you did, too.

    XO

    ReplyDelete