Saturday, July 05, 2008

A spoonful of sugar.

I really picked a dumb month to try daily blogging again. For the past two days I have been doing nothing but landscaping, cleaning, running around all crazy, listening to Marigoldie's soul mix on the insane sound system in the garage, and preparing for the arrival of the wee English folk, who will be with us for the next two weeks. All I want to do right now is fall into bed, so that's what I'm going to do.

First, though, I will tell you three kid stories.

1. Willa has a top tooth and can roll herself into a sitting position like a little gorilla, and I'm a little jealous of the fact that her brothers make her laugh a lot harder than I can. However, they make me laugh pretty hard too. To wit:

2. Jude, balanced on his dad's hip, said "when your cell phone vibrates, I can feel the rhythm in my penis."

3. Henry, currently obsessed with Mary Poppins, undertook to measure Jude the same way Mary Poppins measures Jane and Michael: you know, with a magic tape measure that describes your faults instead of giving your height. (When Mary measures herself, she gets "practically perfect in every way.") So Henry measures Jude, thinks for a minute and pronounces "Um...draws bad and talks funny."

I'm telling you. You can't make this stuff up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that just made my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too good.
    Note to self: Try sitting on cell phone. Call self repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete