Friday, August 15, 2008

And now he only eats guitars.

Dom made a new karaoke rule last night: any time there is a musical break in your song, you have to rap. This rule was based on the fact that there is a 46-measure musical break in the last song I sang, Cheryl Lynn's "Got to be Real," and I filled it by dancing around like a tool, singing some "zoohoos," and by doing part of the rap from Blondie's "Rapture" and then part of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air rap. Rapping is really an excellent solution because it's funny, incongruous (assuming you bust a rhyme from a completely different song), and precludes standing there nervously looking around waiting for your next singing cue while the backing track plays. You should try it.

I think I have also gotten past the point where I feel like I need to be two beers in in order to karaokeify, which is a good thing.

Em took lots of pictures. I'll post when I can.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent idea. I'm rapping right now waiting for another site to load.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that idea too. Rap whenever there's downtime of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. You guys are so advanced that you're adding improvisation to public singing? Color me impressed. And hiding in the bathroom, lest my turn come.

    ReplyDelete