Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I am blogging at you from one of my favorite places, the bed pod. It is one of my favorite places despite the fact that I am certain this mattress is sub-optimal for my particular spinal setup, and despite the fact that the cat may decide to get all crazy up in here precisely 1 hour before the alarm goes off. But sometimes he is a perfect gentleman as a bedmate, and he crawls under the covers next to me and nestles in to spoon, all pliant and purring, and this enhances the attractions of bed. Bed is also where I do most of my reading when I'm on my regular workaday schedule, and I am still working my way through All the King's Men, and I'm in the chapter where Jack recounts falling in love with Anne, and it's one of the best pieces of writing I've read maybe ever. I really can't believe this was ever assigned to 14 year olds. What the hell did we understand about this book? It is amazing, though, how many phrases I do specifically remember from back then. Well, I've already blogged about this rereading once, so it would be cheating to do it again. My feline bedfellow has arrived and just took a very uncomfortable detour across my gut, as he is wont to do. He is due for a pedicure, he of the unruly claws. Tomorrow, portly friend. Tonight, it's snowing outside. The Brit jumped off a cliff into the ocean today, which I have to say sounds pretty decent, or maybe wildly superior to the cold gray walk I took across campus for my exercise. Time to burrow down; it's just going to get colder and darker.

3 comments:

  1. I am guessing you mean he is due for a PETicure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the bed pod! I miss that season of burrowing in and staying warm. I have unsuccessfully argued that the Keelhauler and I should move to Mpls. He has had enough of snow, but I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good bed pod. Nothing like it, especially when it includes a snuggly kitty.

    ReplyDelete