Thursday, April 23, 2009

Birthday.

Here's the email my mom sent us today:
Henry is 7 today. This is what their night was like last night: Molly working on things for H's birthday, went to bed at 1; Willa awake at 1:20, talking, singing and in high spirits until 4; Henry awake for the day at 4:40. I called to wish him H.B. at about 8. He was very excited to tell me what he got from his parents, an Indiana Jones costume. It came with a shirt, pants, hat, side bag, and the best accessory of all, a whip. He put down the phone to crack the whip for me couple of times so that I could hear it. He is not taking it to school. He is in a running club that meets after school so the party is not today. He told me that they are preparing for a 1 mile run called the Menuda Run. Right now they are doing stations with obstacles. I told him that it sounds like conditioning and he said, "no, it's helping us get ready for the run." The run will have some obstacles, he believes. He is taking hot lunch today and they're serving chicken nuggets. He told me that the best part is that they come with hot sauce. Every day this week when he enters his pin number in the lunch line a message lights up Happy Birthday Henry. He's bringing cupcakes to give his classmates. This is a great day for a 7 year old. I hope you all have a day like this 7 year old.
Love,
Mom

8 comments:

  1. Priceless. And I thought MY mom was in love with her grandchild. I want a message that lights up Happy Birthday when I get hot lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want hot lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel you on that one. Especially if someone makes it for me and places it tenderly in my bike bag each morning,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't force my hand on the hot lunch jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When is mom going to start a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A whip! Your sister is one brave-ass parent. But as a kid, best present e-ver. HB H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poundpapi makes me laugh.

    Happy birthday, little man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG-Sooooo sweet. What a voice your mom has, too! Simply priceless.

    ReplyDelete