Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sporty spice.

Em and I ran a 5K on Monday night. The only thing this particular course really had to recommend it is that there was no entrance fee. The "race" went fine and we finished it and giggled quite a lot along the way, but about halfway through, the whole event liquified my insides. So it was not my most comfortable run ever and it produced what the Brit calls toilet troubles, but at least I didn't have to stop mid-run to drop a twosie.

The next day, I went to a free yoga class in my neighborhood (do you see a cheapskate trend here?). There's a new studio opening up about a 5-minute bike ride from home and they're doing free promo classes all week, so I biked over and did vinyasa for an hour and died. It was great. Even the instructor's hands-on adjustments made me want cry with joy. Look, I been knowing that I should be doing yoga, to shut up those mangy monkeys in the treetops of my brain, but I never get around to it. This class did that very thing (shutting up monkeys), as well as taxing me physically, so I think I'll sign up for the whole session.

Today I rode my bike to work for the first time this spring. To that I can only say GLORY BE.

And so far, this handmade deodorant is working. It's been about 5 days, and I have clearly done many sporty things while wearing it, so I think it's safe to recommend the stuff at BehaveLittles' etsy shop. If you click on the link you'll see that she is taking a small hiatus, but the good news is that she's looking into twist-tube packaging for her deodorant. I am all for that, since right now it comes in a tin and you have to rub it on by hand. My next etsy product review will be perfume oil from Sweet Anthem. It's all about stinking so good these days.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 5k!

    My SIL volunteers at Blooma and then gets to take yoga classes with a heavy discount. But it'd be nice to be closer to home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to this post, "drop a twosie" has become a common expression around these parts.

    ReplyDelete