Saturday, August 22, 2009

Oh hai(r).

Many years ago, the wig/makeup designer for an opera I was in recommended saving all of the hair from your hairbrush in order to have an easier time making puffs and buns that match your actual hair. So for awhile, during the years my hair was two feet long, I did that very thing.

Fast forward to today, when I decide that my habit of keeping the original boxes for my shoes is actually pretty worthless and I had better break down and recycle them. I don't currently own any Adidas, so it shouldn't have surprised me that the Adidas box was full of foam rollers, Motown silky (including my Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman braid and my beribboned Frida Kahlo braid), and a ZIPLOC BAGGIE OF MY OWN HAIR.

So what to do now? Throw it away, or make a creepy little pillow? (It's too tangled to make Victorian hair jewelry.) Blech.

5 comments:

  1. You could've titled this post "Oh hai(r)."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done and done (and I mean done).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should give the bag of hai(r) to your husboyf as a wedding present. Seems sort of Victorian...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you gave it to him, he could cast a spell on you, voodoo style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always the delightful option of having yourself cloned.

    ReplyDelete