Friday, November 06, 2009

I've been staring so long at these pictures of food that I almost believe that they're real.

Breakfast (ate this morning):
Breakfast.
That's Gimme Lean (best worst fake meat product name), spinach, and tomatoes from my garden. I swear they've been in the window trying to ripen for a month.

Lunch (eating now):
Lunch.
That's the green tomato curry I posted earlier, plus green beans with sri racha and walnuts, mashed butternut squash, and cashews (post-bike commute snack). Not pictured: a honeycrisp apple. Sometimes I cut them up to fit in the bento, and sometimes I carry as-is. Why mess with so-called "hand fruit" (insert dirty joke here)?

And what the hell, a dinner I ate last week:
Brussels sprouts and cheddar polenta.
Sauteed brussels sprouts and cheddar polenta.

Today is the most awesome bike weather, 50s and sunny. I didn't even wear a jacket. It would only be better if the trees still looked like this:
On the ride home.
But shoot, I'll take what I can get.

10 comments:

  1. Quit stealing my photo bridge! :)

    Yummy food inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I read about other people's food I realise how boring my cooking is.

    ReplyDelete