Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My plan today was to do some really complicated cat blogging involving video footage of the famous Ace, interminably circling my office chair, begging to be picked up instead of hauling his large ass up onto my lap. But then I watched the footage and I appear to be crazy. Also it needs editing and I don't have time to edit the footage of myself manhandling my cat, and for that we should all be grateful.

Instead, may I direct you to today's episode of The Story, which I listened to whilst sewing up drawstring bags for my shop, relatively unmolested by the cat? It is incredibly good Veteran's Day fare, far better than any Deep Thoughts I might come up with.


That's Deanie Parrish, one of the Women's Air Force Service Pilots (WASPs) during World War II. Her story is first on the program.

5 comments: