Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A short list.

1. An item for the Midwestern Magical Realism genre:
All the snow has melted and I'm driving on a two-lane highway through misty gray fields. I look to the right and there, in the foggy ditch, is a sodden bald eagle, perched atop a roadkill buck. (I text this to the Brit later and his response is "Damn, America!")

2. Another item for the Midwestern Magical Realism genre:
Most of the snow on the roadside has melted, except for one slim two-foot pillar, atop which a dead raccoon lies in state.

3. Does it seem right that there should be such a phone number as 1-800-75-AMISH? Well, there is one, and every time I drive past the billboard advertising it, I laugh.

3 comments:

  1. How long do raccoons typically lie in state on snow pillars? Or on anything else? The internet is strangely silent on this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you called the number???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am diggin this Midwestern Magical Realism. The eagle would have scared the shit out of me.

    ReplyDelete