Thursday, August 05, 2010

So fresh and so clean.

Before today, I know I hadn't been to the dentist since the 90s. This has worked out okay for me because I've never been cavity-prone, but it's not an exaggeration to say that "DENTIST!!!" has been on my to-do list for like 5 years. I just kept transferring it to different to-do lists. Anyway, when I was out of town for the opera, I was flossing my teeth one night and a little piece of molar came off along with the granola or spinach or whatever else was stuck in between my teeth. I was like "that's a big chunk of food--heyyyyy, that's tooth!" Dentist avoidance over.

Now I've got a more or less clean bill of dental health and my teeth feel sooooo smoooooth. I wonder if I can get one of those dentist toothbrush attachments for my Dremel. You know, to prolong that clean clean feeling. There is the small matter of going back next week to get my molar fixed up with delicious tooth-colored filling, but it's only a half hour of my life and maybe I can master self-hypnosis before then.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I am not alone. I haven't had any tooth trauma as a result of my dentist avoidance yet, but I imagine I will. You've motivated me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. A friend of mine confessed that she'd never been to the dentist HER WHOLE LIFE until this year. She's in her 40s. Her teeth are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah - that clean, clean feeling is AWESOME. I am totally cavity prone and if I stay away for too long it's bad news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like my Crest battery powered toothbrush; excellent clean feeling and like, $8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a fan of this stuff! http://bit.ly/apCQgV It makes my teeth feel dentist-clean, and I get the hippie cred of saying that I don't use toothpaste anymore. ;)

    ReplyDelete