Friday, September 03, 2010

Buh bye.

So, um. We're leaving for England in 7 hours. I have been meaning to catch you up on my brother's beautiful outdoor wedding complete with bluegrass band and dance party (fab), meeting Cheap Trick (where was the camera and why were we so stupid as to leave it home?) and seeing them in concert (with Blondie, mind you), seeing Rush at the State Fair, finally and obsessively reading the Hunger Games books to the point of tense insomnia (I saved Mockingjay for the plane so shut up), and then last night reuniting with a bunch of women I used to sing in choir with in high school, among the many other interesting and important things that may have happened in the past few weeks. But now here we are about to leave and would you believe I still need to finish doing laundry and then pack? It's true.

Mostly right this minute I'm impressed with us for cleaning out the fridge so skillfully. I just made a rad warm potato salad with 3 potatoes, two ears of corn, the rest of the yogurt, the rest of the feta, some kalamata olives, and a big handful of chives, parsley, oregano, and basil from the garden. It's really good. If I could keep up with any blogging whatsoever, I'd give you the recipe.

Next up: hiking in the Lakes, visiting York, hanging out with the folks in Cambridge and Saffron Walden, and other flitting about and hopefully relaxing. Also, I'll be turning 36. I'll see you across the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment