Monday, November 15, 2010

The first time I heard this song, the aggressively 80s-ness and all of the beeps and boops bugged the crap out of me. However, I keep hearing it on the radio and I find that it's getting to me. The singing at 1:20 is ace. And the song itself is like if "Love is a Stranger" and Erasure mated. Actually it's pretty much just like "Love is a Stranger." That right there should tell you whether you want to click play.



I refuse to google to find out whether anyone has mashed up LCD Soundsystem and the Eurythmics, but I do feel compelled to point out that this is a much more awesome song than the previous. Plus check out Annie Lennox's crazy-eye.



Also, I've been loving the John Legend/Roots joint.



I was listening to this recently and the Brit suddenly said "if I could have one drummer in the world, it would be him [?uestlove]. It's so tasty." Last week I was thinking about this statement when I got into the car to do something or other, and when I got back into the car and turned on the radio, dude was being featured on American Routes, which was a pretty cool radio synchronicity experience. I can't seem to get a link to the actual show, so just look for the one on Philly that aired last week.

Also, new Belle and Sebastian. Evidently Carey Mulligan is singing (sweetly) on this track.



Also also, this song tears me up every time I hear it. Seriously. There's a verse about his ex-MIL that gets me if I haven't already been got. Plus, sometimes I see him walking around my neighborhood, which is fun.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent DJing, Ms. Maven! I dug all of this music this rainy morning.

    ReplyDelete