Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Foodstuffs.

Here is an important update to the Veganomicon Chickpea Cutlets recipe, with pictures at different stages of prep. These are one of my kitchen standbys, and I've made them with various beans and various seasonings, but I honestly think the original chickpea, sage, and lemon zest is best. Zest is best!

This week, I've been eating quinoa for breakfast, mostly because I ran out of steel cut oats. Here's how:
1 c quinoa
1 c water
1 c apple cider
1/4-1/2 c dried cranberries
1 chopped apple
1/2 t ground ginger
Combine in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed. Eat with chopped toasted almonds (essential) and soymilk. This will feed you for about 4 mornings.

I'm coming down with a cold, so hopefully some good fairy will swoop down tomorrow and a) repair me and b) hook me up with some veg-loaded miso soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment