Sunday, November 21, 2010

Muffins.

I just made these vegan pumpkin muffins. They are rather delicious. Here's the recipe with the alterations I made:

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups pureed pumpkin (Fresh or from a can; do not use pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup soy milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons molasses
1/2 cup pecans

Sift dry ingredients; mix the rest separately; combine; add nuts; dump into muffin tin; bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes.

I think these could stand to go more whole wheat, and probably even less sugar. I'll probably be eating them for the rest of the day. There's some crazy ice on the road, so I'm definitely not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment