1. Have you ever been about to buy something on Amazon and then literally the second you go to press the "place order" button, the price of the item doubles? I was hemming and hawing about two pairs of El Naturalista mary janes that were 70% off and when I decided to buy them, the decision was pre-empted by the mysterious end of the sale. Sad.
2. It's 45 degrees, yo! Death to ice dams! Also, it feels so good to take walks again. I mean, I'll walk when it's colder, just with less enthusiasm.
3. We need to go on vacation. I crowdsourced locale recommendations already on facebook, but welcome further suggestions. Pluses: easy to get to, quiet, beachy, vegetarian food. Minuses: partyers, spring break-ers.
4. Every time I get in the shower, Momo races from wherever she is in the house and jumps in. She usually jumps out shortly thereafter, but yesterday she was in and out of the shower 4 times, and actually hung out in there for awhile, so that I had to towel her off after I toweled myself off. Her coat is very shiny and sleek.
5. I made peanut butter banana bread last night, using this recipe as a guide. I upped the PB content, reduced the sugar by half, veganized the recipe, and chucked in a half cup of cacao nibs because I had them on hand. It's delicious. I wish I'd brought some to work. But it needs more peanut butter. More, I tell you!
6. On Saturday I spent like 10 hours watching TV (and drinking) with LA, as promised. It was awesome, though it ended up being Parks and Recreation instead of My So-Called Life. We blew up the giant air mattress and replaced the coffee table with it, thereby converting the couch into a massive chaise longue. I'm definitely going to do this kind of thing again.
7. The best item on my to-do list is "STOP FUCKING AROUND." I put it there after applying for a job too late meant the position had already been filled. It was a one-month summer teaching gig that might have been a PITA to take, but that's beside the point.
8. Another good item on my to-do list is "Learn Heartbreaker," as in the Pat Benatar song. I thought it would make a good karaoke number. I probably put it on my to-do list a year ago.
9. Also, I have been working on my belt voice, like actually vocalizing in my belt register in addition to the usual operatic warblings. This information is probably of very limited interest (like this entire blog). I just find that I'm wanting more information both on how to do this and how to teach it, because frankly only 1 of my current students is interested in singing classical music and the rest of them still deserve to get good technical instruction from me.
10. Someone bring me a cookie, or better yet, I'm going to go for a walk and get one.
11. I love my Wisconsin-heavy facebook feed right now. Everyone's out protesting the governor's bullshit and talking about it. Power to the people!