Sunday, May 01, 2011

Very important announcement.

The project for the month of May is called Move Yer Ass. It's not really about working out per se, though I expect there will be some strenuous exercise in and among the more leisurely walks. It's more about incorporating activity into my daily life in a more intentional way. Once I buy a bike this will be a piece of cake, but so far every day that I have had picked out as a good day to go do some test rides has been cold and rainy and/or snowing. This really has been a shit sandwich of a springtime.

ANYWAY. So "a month of daily biking" this project cannot be. But I'm going to do a little something every day for at least 20 minutes. Today is ultra crappy outside, AGAIN, so I'm starting nice and slow with a yoga video. I've been walking a mile to and from my parking spot every day that I go to work (doing that classic move where you park far away on purpose) but I have already decided that this shall not count toward moving my ass.

As an adjunct to Move Yer Ass I will also be doing the Couch to 5K program again. I expect I'll start on the next nice day we have, which allegedly will be Tuesday.

I think I do well with these low-level projects. I'm looking forward to this one, as soon as I get off the couch.

4 comments:

  1. I will join you in this. It has to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Couch to 5K. It definitely got my ass moving.

    ReplyDelete