Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Apparently I haven't posted in over two weeks, leaving the internet to ponder my slightly hungover and dehydrated bike ride of doom. What the hell, August? Do you think maybe I was avoiding making a grand public pronouncement about this month's project, THESIS? You could be right about that. I'll have more to say about it in a subsequent post, I hope, but I'll have to go on a thinky bike ride or solo walk first to work out everything I want to say about procrastination and possibly about fear. I can tell you that some of the roadblocky administrative tasks are underway, and not a moment too soon.

I don't usually blog about my dreams, but: this morning I dreamt that Beyonce gave a small private concert that everyone in my family went to except me, and no one thought to call and wake me up, and when my mom told me about it I wept hot angry tears. Hahahahaha. I'm theorizing that it's because I felt, on some sad interior level, dietarily excluded from the porkfest my parents hosted on Sunday. Even though I was there, eating non-pork food items, and no one was singing.

I have today completely off of work--usually I teach on Tuesdays, but we are on a short break--and I am so excited not to squander it. I have errands to run and degree-related shit and prep-cooking to do. These things will all distract me from the fact that I would rather still be up north, where I was the weekend before last. We finally got out of town for a wee vacation up on Lake Superior, with lots of hiking, including one surprise hike IN a river, straight up the gorge. It was a surprise only because we were rock-hopping and then I accidentally planted my foot in the water and then was like, oh well. This river, the Kadunce, is one you can hike in, rocky and fairly low. It is also quite dramatic, with high narrow rock walls and little (and not so little) waterfalls. We didn't hike up any of the waterfalls, but apparently you can. Also, my barefoot shoes (new ones, NB ones this time) were great in the water, though they took forever to dry.

Anyway, I want to go back up, and take my bike, and stay in the middle of nowhere. And write? Hm. Will have to consider that.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're back! Sorry about the dream-Beyonce concert. But I heard it wasn't her best.

    ReplyDelete