Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Foooood.

I feel I have to do something kind of obnoxious and blog a wee bit about food choices. I seriously mean a WEE bit and only for some accountability. So: I'm taking a break from bread, pasta, white rice and rice noodles, cereal, etc., and definitely the sugar, though I don't eat much of that. I do mean a break because I don't see this as a permanent lifestyle change, but who the hell knows. Mostly this means that I need to get more organized about food prep because just about every easy, grab-able food item is some simple-carby thing that is not good fuel for my bod. Either that or it is a shit-ton of nuts and that seems kind of counterproductive (I do eat a fair amount of nuts, just not a shit-ton). So far today I've had tofu scramble with some veg and feta, half a sauteed zucchini, a wad of spicy peanut-cilantro slaw, a romaine salad with pinto beans, zucchini, onions, chipotle bogus sausage, and sweat-inducing homemade pico de gallo. Also some pistachios and ants on a log. All good stuff, but all of it required preparation and planning ahead. And I'm still hongry, so obviously I need to put more food in my bike bag, dammit, or walk over to the union and buy some meatless jerky.

I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I'm ALSO taking a break from bread, pasta, white rice and rice noodles, cereal, etc., and definitely the sugar. Except that I am at a conference all week (with Trasherati) and the food choices are, well, see if you can guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry homegirl. Spank Judy for me, and then get her to spank you for me.

    ReplyDelete