Anyway, so at work Tricia and I have been talking about our fashion, such as it is, and she is currently working the Superhero theme, which is mostly about tight pants, shiny boots, and flapping overlayers that might double as capes. I totally support Superhero, though it will not work for me. In the past, my wardrobe concept has basically been Short Pants, and then later it was Skirts and Boots. Not much of a concept, really. So here are some others I might choose this year:
- Arty Lady of a Certain Age: Eileen Fisher, chunky necklaces, expensive flats, billowing garments in general.
- Tweedy Gentleman: knickers, argyle, cravats.
- Shawshank Prison Inmate: seriously the jeans in that movie are the best.
- Samurai Poet: hakama pants, slippers, and little wrap sweaters: my top contender.
- 80s Businesswoman: duh.
- One Dress to Rule Them All: find ideal dress, wear it every day, hope that it doesn't awaken the Nazgul.
- Copycat: only replicate outfits worn by popular fashion bloggers.
- Kitty Cat: dress like a kitty every day, which is how my sister's friend became class president in elementary school.
- Jumpsuit Superstar: this (actually, but seriously, if I could find a coverall that was the correct shape and that draped really nicely I would buy several and wear them every day).
- Ensconced in Velvet: I read this to Tricia and she said "oooooh, milady!"
- Twee as Fuck
- Directoire, minus the hobble hems, but plus turbans X 1000.
- Fashion it So
- Whatever is happening on the cover of Labelle's first album; let's call it Denim Circus:
(also, please, if you have a larger photo of this, show it to me.)
- An adjunct to the previous: 70s Dirtbag
- Severe and Germanic:
Bonus points if you can arrange to stand next to Jason Priestley all the time.
- Oversized Everything: prints, jewels, accessories, shirts, like in the 90s when we all bought our long sleeved tees from the Gap men's section.
- Jem: truly outrageous.
- Margo Leadbetter, who is seriously one of my style icons:
I am shocked that there aren't more image search results for this character (or the actress herself), because she looked super fresh on every episode of "The Good Life" (AKA "Good Neighbors" in the US).
If only biking in a maxi dress and turban were easier.
Please leave your contributions/votes in the comments.