- Vegan pumpkin pudding. I am so excited about this that I want to roll around in it. I had started off intending to make these pumpkin cranberry ginger parfaits, minus the raw pumpkin (none on hand, also sounds not very appealing). But I quickly realized I would rather just mix it all together and mess around with the recipe a bit. You need to make the ginger cashew cream in the link immediately, but with less sweetener and a little less coconut oil. You will not be able to stop eating it. My pudding is just a mixture of the cashew cream and a whole wack of canned pumpkin and a bunch of spices. There's only a tablespoon of agave in my entire non-recipe. Tomorrow, I will sprinkle pecans and dried cranberries over the top and die of happiness when I eat it.
- Breakfast bulgur. Usually I do quinoa but I was all out, and this needs to get used up. It turned out rather delicious. I spiced it with cardamom and ginger, and I cooked it in mostly water with some apple juice--it won't need more sweetener. Top with apples, walnuts, cinnamon, and yogurt if that is your thing.
- Steamed romanesco with lemon. No big secret here, except that romanesco looks like alien babies and that is the sole reason I bought it.
- Roasted rosemary garlic potatoes and rutabaga.
- Cannellini beans to make today's soup and keep in the freezer.
- Cannellini soup with greens. I chopped/sauteed two leeks, a small onion, two carrots, two celery stalks, the leaves from the romanesco, lots of kale and collard stems, and a mutant huge clove of garlic in a bunch of olive oil with oregano. Then added veggie stock, bean broth, and about 2-3 cups of cannellini beans, along with chopped collard and kale leaves (about one bunch total). Simmered for 15 minutes, stirred in chopped spinach and a little sambal oelek and salt to taste, and ate it up with lots of black pepper. Boom.
I spent some of Saturday at the thrift stores and came away with an excellent haul from Goodwill. A black silk cap sleeve DKNY top encrusted with matte black paillettes that make an awesome sound as they move, a Desigual-esque knit skirt that is going directly into my summer clothes bin (alas) and will be a great surprise when the warm weather returns, a totally polyester bright teal knee-length vintage skirt that is going to nestle perfectly into my wardrobe, a pinstripe vest for my non-steampunk steampunk look, a gray and black striped turtleneck dress, and a Prairie Underground Mothette dress for Tricia's Superhero wardrobe. Please keep your fingers crossed that it fits her because it was a HUGE score and I am generally too lazy to sell things on ebay these days. Case in point: I found some beautiful, way too high Fluevog Audrey pumps at Goodwill months ago and they are still sitting in my car, waiting to be photographed and sold for a sweet profit. I used to have endless time for that stuff. Not anymore.
I do have time to paint my nails, though, so I'm going to go do that now.