Tuesday, January 03, 2012

2012.

Hi all (who are still expecting posts, that is, and checking in, or keeping me in the feed reader). I'm sorry for the long silence over here--not that I have been the most prolific of bloggers recently anyway--but over a month with nary a peep is a record for me, I think, since I started the blogging way back in 2004.

There were some shake ups in December. The biggest one is that the Brit and I have separated. I won't be talking about that here, for obvious reasons. But I will probably be talking about things like living in box chaos or decorating my apartment, and just life on my own, and the separation is the reason for that. It's a sad time but we are doing our best.

Next is that I finished my doctorate. I did my final defense on December 15, and officially graduated on the last business day of the month. Practically, nothing has really changed. But I am hoping that whatever space the unfinished business was taking up in my brain is now freed up for new endeavors. Also I hope I get a job in my field, but that was always true.

I'll try to get back to more regular updates in the near future, but for now I have this garment rack I have to assemble and a paint sample to slap on the wall. Happy New Year, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Dear maven - I am so sorry to hear about your shake-up December. I hope you are doing okay and I REALLY hope that all this works out to be the best for your happiness and well-being. I totally get that you won't be talking about the separation here but I still want to send you some internet good vibes. If you ever think that a random internet friend who knows nothing about your real life would be a good ear - hell, I'd be into listening.

    In other news - right ON about that doctorate. I can't wait to hear about what job you DO get and I am stoked that there will be more regular updates on the blog. I'm one of those peeps who keeps checking in.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh maven, I'm so sorry to hear about all the hardness.

    And also stoked to see you've finished with the doctorate. Kudos and high fives. I've been reading long enough to know that it was a heavy weight on your mind for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. And reminds me, I should really email a friend of mine that recently got divorced to see how she is doing.

    Best of luck with whatever comes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, that is a lot of change, and you have my love and support through all of it. Please email me your new address when you have time, and know that I love you and wish you peace and good sleep as you go through this journey. It's gonna be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind words, people of the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trasherati1/6/12, 2:57 PM

    Congrats, Dr. Maven. Keep hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Maven, I'm so happy for your good news and so (supportively) sad about your hard news. Consider yourself hugged! - Dori (formerly of stronglyworded.com)

    ReplyDelete