Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shoppin'.

I stopped by Value Village tonight, looking for little shelfy things for inside closets, and I left with something that looks like this instead (same shape and colors, different pattern). I just thought it was pretty but suspected it was a Thing and indeed Emaux de Longwy are a Thing, or Things, I guess. The one I bought (for $4) was made between 1955 and 1985, if the online mark identifier is to be believed, so not like a magical antique or anything, but still a pretty good find and nice little thingie to hold my JEWELS.

Then I ended up eating dinner at IKEA again. I think I've gotten the $2 pizza combo there about 4 times in the last month or so, which makes 4 more Diet Pepsis than I've had in the last few years. But there is something soothing/entertaining to me about wandering around with a fountain soda and a mediocre slice in IKEA. It's only about 7 minutes from home, and I know where to park and how to sidestep the prescriptive traffic flow thing they have in the showroom, so I don't find it a stressful place to be. Also, I did have to make a return there, so I wasn't just going there to hang out. And I needed a frame because I finally bought this print after having my eye on it for years:



Naturally, the frame is not the right size, and no stock frame will be, ultimately making this cheap poster not so cheap. For now it's uncurling on a trousers hanger and may just stay that way. I love it.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to take the frame back, but I'll wait until I have another cafeteria pizza jones. At this point I'm just feeding my gut whatever it wants. I had food poisoning or a grody virus earlier this week, and spent many of the wee hours of Tuesday doing what I have come to call "barfshitting." It's where you're sitting on the john with a bucket in your lap and you are fully utilizing both receptacles. It was horrible. I still don't feel like I've had a normal food day since then, so, you know, IKEA pizza ahoy!

The weather here continues to be weird and unbelievable. I had two good biking days last week, though there were wild flurries on one of those days. Monday it's supposed to be 40 bloomin' degrees! The lowest predicted high for the next ten days is 31. That plus the sky staying light well after 5--well, it's just the nicest winter ever, unless you like snow, or doing stuff in the snow.

I gotta go to bed because tomorrow is a long day of singing that starts at 8 AM. Just checking in, and trying to get back into the blogging habit.

2 comments:

  1. That tray -- and, I'm sure, the one you found, are beautiful! Good thrifting. Man, I miss Value Village and that other one that's more like a department store; I can't remember the name, moving on.

    The soothing powers of a stroll through Ikea are for real. It's cool that you have one so close.

    Xo and sorry about that stomach bug, dayum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I thought I commented on this before. Those are damn good purchases, both of them! I came back to check out the tray again.

    ReplyDelete