Friday, August 23, 2013

Today so far.

Today I left work 2.5 hours early and rode my bike from work to the co-op, where I had the luxury of grocery shopping in the middle of the afternoon. Then I biked home in the blazing sun, loaded up with produce. I tried to stick to the shady side streets and ride slow. I took a cool shower. I sat on my couch and ate a big plate of beautiful Indian food, samosa patties and coconut curry vegetables and dal and mango mint chutney. I browsed online for cheap houses for sale in old neighborhoods even though my impending self-employment makes home ownership completely impossible right now--this is just where my brain is going these days. I played with my cat. I smiled at my little row of midcentury coffee/tea pots. I napped on the couch, with the lake breezes blowing through my windows and the leaf-dappled light playing across the room. Winnie sat in the front window and monitored the situation, defending the house against songbirds. When I woke up, it wasn't even 5:00 yet. It was brilliant.

Just now, I made myself a big Pimm's Cup with plenty of cucumber slices and I'm going to make a giant caprese salad later with some chocolate balsamic vinegar and maybe some steamed green beans. I'm going to re-dye my hair and watch at least 3 episodes of Orange is the New Black. If I feel like it, I'll clean up my living room and make a big to-do list, which I've taken to doing on large drawing pads with multicolored sharpies and lots of doodling. (This makes assessing my situation and crossing things off even more fun.)

Tomorrow morning I'm going to yoga if it kills me. Unless I decide not to.

2 comments:

  1. You are in the right place in so many ways, great to hear it : )

    ReplyDelete