Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cat lady.

One of the weirdest things I do when I'm reading--as a single internet-dependent cat-lady living blissfully alone--is to occasionally break out into reading aloud in a generic, RP-type British accent. It's partly just for fun and partly to see if I can immediately get a plausible sound. I wouldn't normally confess something this stupid, except that every single time I do it, Winnie Cat gets up from wherever she is napping and comes over next to me, mewing a little. Just now I started reciting a Shakespeare sonnet in the kitchen and she did it again.

So obviously I'm going to be doing it more often.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, please keep doing this.

    When I was a kid, Mom sang a lot and whenever she started into "I'll Be Seeing You" our cat Jinny would come from wherever she was in the house and try to get up in Mom's face so she could gently bite her nose.

    ReplyDelete