Saturday, November 09, 2013

Musique.

Hoo boy, this "post every day" thing is eluding me. Yesterday I even missed my daily personal writing, which is particularly painful because I'd been on a streak of writing every day for over a year.

But let us talk of happier things, such as music, because it's been a long time since I posted a string of youtube videos for you.

Epic. That is all.


Please don't try to deny this groove.


I can't endorse the creepiness of this video, but the song is ace and the whole album is really great, and quite diverse. I described one of the songs to my sister as "like if Natasha Khan was singing a Kate Bush song" and she said "that sounds basically tailor-made for you."


I'm about two years late on this and Tristen has released a new album just recently, but I don't like it nearly as much as the first, from which this track is drawn.


I've been all over this song for months. It has elements of Rufus Wainwright and Burt Bacharach and the voice is a little bit Edith Piaf and the whole effect is just right up my street.


Also, you should listen to Ainslie Wills and I'm linking to the track I can't get over, but the whole album is fantastic. It feels like Jeff Buckley to me, but without any of the 90s duderock elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment